Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tool #3 - Video and Media

I have found the files from Discovery Education really, really helpful in my classroom.  The videos I have used so far for linear equations have been wonderful for putting the concepts we are learning into real world examples.




I love how easy it is to embed a video but frustrated that the only easy way was through YouTube videos.  I really like the Discovery Education videos but they take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to load.

I read through the copyright and fair use laws and understand them.  I do plan to be more aware of what I am borrowing and attribute the items at the end of my flipcharts.

I already have Dropbox because of a professional development requirement but at this time, don't really see the use for it in my Math classroom.  I could see it possibly being useful in my English Co-teach classes (or any co-teach class really) for students who receive the accommodation of having oral administration of tests or quizzes.  This is an easy way to share a test or quiz with specific kids. They could use netbooks and earbuds along with the Read, Write, Gold application to take quizzes or tests and remain in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment